Monday, July 12, 2010

Week 3: Orthorectification

This week we placed control points on images and tried to orthorectify the images by making reference to a topo map (or, in the first part of the lab, to specific points on an image). This was an interesting experience that I was able to repeat many times because of the program crashing repeatedly. I understand the general idea but I had a lot of problems with the software, which makes ArcGIS look like a walk in the park.
The final image is the orthorectified one, with a UTM map grid superimposed. I am not sure whether it is clear that the final image has been orthorectified. I think the software does a lot of useful things, but it currently has some built-in frustrations.
A link to my orthorectified image is at http://students.uwf.edu/db27/RemoteSensg/Week3PensaRectify.xps

No comments:

Post a Comment